#RustCity16 wouldn’t have been the success it was without the help of my featured bloggers – Alpha Heroes Book Blog, Shelf Addiction, and Naughty Edition Reviews. Now that I’m starting to plan #RustCity17, I’m looking to find my fellow bloggers who love to celebrate authors and their books, and will be attending Rust City next August.
Are you a blogger who loves sharing their passion for books? Are you interested in participating at Rust City Book Convention (with panels and other events)? If so, Rust City wants you!
I’m looking to gather an eclectic group of bloggers – 10 featured bloggers – from all social media platforms and genres. You don’t have to have the largest, most popular site to be considered. You just have to be enthusiastic and dedicated to spreading the word about our event, our authors, and their books!
The basic requirements and benefits of being a Rust City FEATURED BLOGGER are as follows:
- Post monthly features relating to the Rust City Book Convention. A loose schedule will be created, keeping things “on track”, but will be flexible enough be able to work within each blogger’s own features. Rust City will help promote your posts by retweeting/sharing via social media as each post goes live, as well as listing each post on the event website.
- Include the Rust City button/banner in a prominent position on your site, linked to this site. In return, I will include your button and a link to your site on the Rust City website.
- Help spread the world (without being spammy)
- On your social media sites or groups.
- By distributing flyers for Rust City in your area libraries/bookstores/book events/etc. WITH permission from locations (obviously).
- Help with con prep before and during the event. Thursday August 3rd will be a full day of setup and prep; everyone will be expected to help for a few hours that day.
- Moderate 3 panels during Rust City and assist with the evening events if needed. Assistance will be available for anyone unsure of what this entails.
If you’re a blogger (or reader) who plans to attend, but is unable to commit as a Featured Blogger and would still like to help in some way:
- Do at least one post about Rust City. It can be an intro piece, an attending author guest spot, etc. Any posts using the hashtag #RustCity17, or I’m made aware of, will be shared/RTed from the Rust City social media accounts.
- Display the Rust City button/banner somewhere on your site.
- Help spread the world (without being spammy) on your social media sites and/or groups; just talk about Rust City.
So…that’s what it will mean to be a Featured Blogger for Rust City. If you’re interested in participating as a Featured Blogger for Rust City 2017, please fill out this form (also available below).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at rustcitybookcon @gmail.com.
Thank you for your interest in participating at the first Rust City Book Convention. I can’t wait to begin working with you!