Something I want to do with Rust City Book Convention is celebrate every author who wants to join us.Whether that’s 50 or 100 (which I would love), they are all going to be displayed equally on the site. So you won’t see any “Featured Authors” at Rust City. However, you will see Featured Bloggers.
I’ve been hesitant to bring in a “featured” aspect, but I’m beginning to reconsider. As Literary Escapism, I’m a featured blogger for a couple of other cons, and I know it can be a lot of work. But I hadn’t realized until now, just how important they are as a support system for the organizer, and the con as a whole.
So without further adieu….
Are you a blogger who loves sharing their passion for books? Are you interested in participating at Rust City Book Convention (with panels and other events)? If so, Rust City wants you!
I’m looking to gather an eclectic group of bloggers – 10 featured bloggers – from all social media platforms and genres. You don’t have to have the largest, most popular site to be considered. You just have to be enthusiastic and dedicated to spreading the word about our event, our authors, and their books!
The basic requirements and benefits of being a Rust City FEATURED BLOGGER are as follows:
- Post monthly features relating to the Rust City Book Convention. A loose schedule will be created, keeping things “on track”, but will be flexible enough be able to work within each blogger’s own features. Rust City will help promote your posts by retweeting/sharing via social media as each post goes live, as well as listing each post on the event website.
- Include the Rust City button/banner in a prominent position on your site, linked to this site. In return, I will include your button and a link to your site on the Rust City website.
- Help spread the world (without being spammy)
- On your social media sites or groups.
- By distributing flyers for Rust City in your area libraries/bookstores/book events/etc. WITH permission from locations (obviously).
- Help with con prep before and during the event. Thursday August 11th will be a full day of setup and prep; everyone will be expected to help for a few hours that day.
- Moderate 3 panels during Rust City and assist with the evening events if needed. Assistance will be available for anyone unsure of what this entails.
If you’re a blogger who plans to attend, but is unable to commit to helping with all the duties of a Featured Blogger, you can still help, and get a few “thank you” perks from us! If you’d like to register as a blogger, we ask that you:
- Do at least one post about Rust City. It can be an intro piece, an attending author guest spot, etc. Any posts using the hashtag #RustCity16, or I’m made aware of, will be shared/RTed from the Rust City social media accounts.
- Display the Rust City button/banner somewhere on your site. In return, I’ll include a link to your site on the Featured Blogger page.
- Help spread the world (without being spammy) on your social media sites and/or groups; just talk about Rust City.
- Be available to assist the Featured Bloggers during the panels and events at Rust City if needed.
There will be an event on Thursday evening, August 11th, that will be open to all authors and featured/registered bloggers ONLY. This will be 2 hours of facetime with the authors, and a chance for you to promote your own site. I’m still working on what type of event, but the idea is a get-to-know-you, so there should be plenty of time to mingle and network.
So…that’s what it will mean to be a Featured Blogger for Rust City. If you’re interested in participating as a Featured or Registered Blogger for Rust City 2016, please fill out this form (also available below). I will be selecting and contacting the Featured Bloggers around Labor Day and announcing them soon afterwards. Anyone not selected to be a Featured Blogger will automatically be considered a Registered Blogger.
If you’re only interested in being a Registered Blogger, consider yourself confirmed. *grin* Just be sure to use the form, as only those on the form will be able to attend the author/blogger event Thursday evening.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at rustcitybookcon @gmail.com.
Thank you for your interest in participating at the first Rust City Book Convention. I can’t wait to begin working with you!